Towards the end of the year I set a goal to cook through all the meat in my freezer by the end of the year. Then, the holidays, travel, events, etc., and I wasn’t home very much to cook and have leftovers, so I didn’t make my end of year goal. However, I’m still working on it! And, getting close to the end.
But, the chicken. Sometimes with chicken I feel a little like Bubba Gump; grilled chicken, fried chicken, chicken spaghetti, chicken and rice…maybe you too? So, I had some left over spaghetti sauce I needed to use and chicken thawed and decided to throw it all together.
This is so simple. I have no measurements, but you know the quantity that feeds you, or your family, in spaghetti noodles and chicken, so it’s easy to make just what you need.
- Pre-heat your oven, 350 or 400 or 425, doesn’t really matter.
- Bring water to a boil and cook spaghetti
- Skillet fry chicken. I cut large chicken breast into strips like tenders, basted with egg, dusted with flour and topped with Italian seasoning. Pan fried them in olive oil for just a few minutes until done, flipping half way through.
- Grease a Pyrex that will hold the amount you’ve cooked.
- Layer 1) spaghetti 2) chicken 3) pour spaghetti sauce over top 4) top with cheese(s)
- Put in the oven for a few minutes – just enough to melt the cheese and heat up the sauce, 15 minutes or so should do.